Dark circles are basically shadows that are cast by the thin and delicate skin under your eyes. The pigmentation of this skin is very thin and translucent, which is why the blood vessels underneath show through as blue or purple discoloration.
Treatment may be recommended if you feel bad about the appearance of these dark circles around your eyes. See the options you have for dark circles treatment in Singapore on this page: https://www.cambridgetherapeutics.com.sg/.
Now, dark circles are generally caused by a lack of sleep, stress, and dehydration. They can also be hereditary. Sleep deprivation causes the skin to become paler and the blood vessels underneath the eyes to appear more visible. This is because when you’re tired, your body releases a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol causes inflammation and fluid retention.
Stress can also cause dark circles, as it leads to a release of the hormone adrenaline. This increases blood flow and makes the veins underneath the eyes more visible. Dehydration can cause dark circles because it leads to poor circulation and decreased lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system helps remove waste products from tissues. When it’s not working properly, toxins accumulate under the eyes, which can cause discoloration.
Dark circles can also be caused by sun exposure, allergies, and age. The thinning of the skin below the eyes is a natural part of the aging process, and it can make the blood vessels more visible. Sun exposure can cause dark circles because it damages the delicate skin under your eyes and leads to inflammation and melanin production. Melanin is the pigment that gives skin its color.
How to Cover up Dark Eye Circles if they’re Already a Problem
If you have dark eye circles and want to cover them up, there are a few things you can do. You can use a concealer that is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone. You can also use a pink or peach-colored concealer, as these colors help to brighten the area around your eyes.
When applying concealer, make sure you use a small brush and pat it on rather than rubbing it in. This will help to avoid streaks. You can also set the concealer with a translucent powder.
How to Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles using Natural Methods
Dark eye circles are known to affect an individual’s physical appearance and self-esteem. You don’t have to spend a fortune on expensive dark eye circles treatment to get rid of them; there are some natural methods that can help.
Some of these may only involve adjusting your lifestyle and daily habits. If you feel that your dark circles are due to lack of sleep, stress, or allergies, then try some of the following tips:
- Ensure that you have enough sleep: According to studies, most people can massively benefit from just around eight hours of sleep a night. When you don’t get enough sleep, your body releases cortisol, which causes inflammation and fluid retention. If you suspect that your dark circles are due to a lack of sleep, try going to bed and waking up at the same time each day.
- Reduce stress: Stress can cause dark circles because it leads to the release of the hormone adrenaline. This increases blood flow and makes the veins underneath the eyes more visible. If you’re under a lot of stress, try some relaxation techniques, such as yoga or meditation.
- Drink plenty of water: Dehydration can cause dark eye circles because it leads to poor circulation and decreased lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system helps remove waste products from tissues. When it’s not working properly, toxins accumulate under the eyes, which can cause discoloration. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to help keep your body hydrated.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking: Alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate the body and make dark circles worse. Smoking damages the delicate skin under your eyes and leads to inflammation and increased melanin production.
- Apply cold compresses: This will help reduce any swelling or inflammation. Put a cold compress on your eyes for 10-15 minutes a few times a day.
- Eat healthy foods: Eating nutritious foods helps keep the body healthy and can improve the appearance of dark circles. Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and try to avoid processed foods.
How to Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles Using Medical Procedures
If you have tried the natural methods and they haven’t worked, you may want to consider getting medical dark eye circles treatment. There are a few procedures that can help get rid of dark eye circles.
One is laser resurfacing, which uses lasers to improve the appearance of the skin. This procedure can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and dark circles. Another is microdermabrasion, which uses a device to exfoliate the skin.
This can help remove the top layer of skin, which helps reduce the appearance of dark circles. If you are interested in these procedures, make sure you consult a dermatologist to see if they are right for you.
The team at Cambridge Therapeutics has combined two cutting-edge medical technology components – SygmaLift’s HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound) and Cold Laser Technology to give patients not just safe but also efficient dark eye circles treatment. Most patients who have had this treatment like it because of little to no downtime that is required and the results that they see.
Recovery time is also quick, with most people not even needing to take days off work. Best of all, this treatment is also very affordable.
How to Prevent Dark Circles from Appearing in the First Place
Apart from the dark eye circles treatment, there are also a few helpful things you can do to help prevent dark circles from appearing in the first place. One is to avoid rubbing your eyes.
This can cause the delicate skin around your eyes to become irritated and inflamed. You should also avoid exposing your eyes to the sun without sunglasses, as this can damage the skin and lead to dark circles. And, lastly, don’t smoke – it’s bad for your skin in general, and it can lead to dark circles under your eyes.
There are a few products on the market that claim to help reduce the appearance of dark circles. Some of these products contain caffeine, which constricts the blood vessels and reduces swelling. Others contain ingredients like retinol, which helps to lighten the skin. If you are interested in trying a product to reduce dark circles, consult a dermatologist to see if it is right for you.
While you may not be able to permanently remove dark circles, you can always reduce their appearance. Try some of the natural methods, like drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep. If those methods don’t work, you may want to consider getting medical treatment. And lastly, make sure to avoid the things that cause dark circles in the first place, like rubbing your eyes and sun exposure.
At Cambridge Therapeutics, we offer a variety of medical procedures to help reduce the appearance of dark circles. Please, get in touch with us today to schedule your dark eye circles treatment. Call: +65 6733 6729.
Cambridge Therapeutics – Fat Freeze | Body Contouring | Acne Treatment
391B Orchard Rd #08-05A2 Tower B Ngee Ann City, 238874
+65 9155 6200