Though it may seem outrageous, it is possible to launch an effective exercise program using what is freely given to you by nature; your body. Unfortunately, regular exercise remains an illusion for most individuals, necessitating that they enroll in a gym. Always consider potential injuries. It’s always good to have a trusted sports medicine facility that supports a fast recovery with the best equipment and medical personnel.
While owning home gym equipment is an ideal solution for many people, have the following cautions in mind;-
- Even the best equipment is only effective if used regularly
- Ensure you use the machines properly to avoid injuries that temporarily or permanently harm you
- Always do thorough market research before making your purchase
If you are planning to set up a home gym, here are some of the basic gym equipment that is a must-have;-
Cardio is an essential part of a thorough workout plan and is equally crucial for your respiratory and circulatory system health. Besides, these exercises burn fat and calories, thus helping you lose weight.
If you have been to the gym, you probably saw rows of machines designed to trigger running, skiing, rowing, or stair climbing. The price varies from a few to thousands of dollars, depending on whether the device is manual, programmable, or motorized.
Some cardio equipment feature add-ons, including devices to estimate heart rate, calories burnt, and time used. Though the recorded information is not always accurate, it may help you keep track of your progress. Cardio equipment may be expensive, but there are foldable options that may help you save on space.
Some of the most popular cardio equipment includes a treadmill, stationary bicycle, rowing machines, stair-steppers, and elliptical trainers.
As the name suggests, these machines help you become stronger by either bodyweight resistance or weight training. The former involves using your body weight as resistance to build strength and muscle without straining the joints. These devices are pocket-friendly and save on space.
On the other hand, weight training breaks down muscle before repairing and stimulating its growth. This way, you develop more lean muscle, which gives you a sculpted look, as observed in most boxers. The downside is that weight training equipment is a bit more expensive and may take up more space, based on if you prefer free weights or machines.
Here are some of the most basic strength machines;-
- Exercise mat – Best for floor exercises. Ensure it is well-padded and non-slip.
- Ankle weights – Usually weigh between 5 to 10 pounds and are ideal alternatives for hip extension and side leg exercises.
- Resistance bands and tubing – These come in various colors depending on the level of resistance. Perfect for a full-body workout.
- Hand weights – Weigh between 2 to 8 pounds. D-shaped weights and dumbbells with padded centers are more comfortable to hold.
Exercise is an essential component of healthy living. If you do not enjoy going to public gyms or have challenges with schedules, then you can bring the sport machines to your home. Now that you have an idea of the necessary equipment you must have, it should be easy to find the device that fits your budget, space, and purpose.