When most people think of a traditional c-arm, they think of a large, bulky machine that is mostly found in hospitals. However, there is a smaller version of the c-arm that is growing in popularity, especially among those in the medical field who perform interventional procedures – the mini c-arm at https://www.minicarm.com/.
Whether you are considering purchasing a mini c-arm or simply want to learn more about them, this blog post will introduce you to the various features and parts that increase the functionality of mini c-arms.
Reasons for the popularity:
- One of the main reasons why mini c-arms are becoming more popular is because of their compact size. Traditional c-arms can be quite bulky and difficult to maneuver, which can be problematic when trying to position them in tight spaces.
Mini c-arms, on the other hand, are much smaller and easier to maneuver, making it possible to position them in tighter spaces without any issues. In addition, mini c-arms typically weigh less than 50lbs., making them easy to transport from one location to another.
- Another reason why mini c-arms are becoming more popular is because of their improved image quality. In the past, larger c-arms had trouble producing clear images due to their size and power constraints.
However, mini c-arms have no such problems, thanks to advances in technology. Mini c-arms now use flat panel detectors instead of film or charge-coupled devices (CCDs), which enables them to produce clear images with less distortion.
- Finally, mini c-arms are becoming more popular because of their price tag. While traditional c-arms can cost upwards of $100,000, mini c-arms typically cost between $30,000 and $50,000 – a much more affordable option for many medical facilities.
Take a look at the essential components:
- It consists of an x-ray source and an x-ray detector, which are mounted on opposite ends of a C-shaped arm. This type of device is most commonly used in orthopedic surgery, as it allows surgeons to obtain clear images of the bones and joints.
- Mini c-arms are also used in other types of surgery, such as cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery.
Mini c-arms are becoming increasingly popular due to their compact size, improved image quality, and affordability. If you are considering purchasing a mini c-arm for your medical facility, keep these three factors in mind as you evaluate your options.